Thursday, April 15, 2004

Prat-free but not really single - dabbling in new something

Have been absent from the blogging world due to necessary skiing holiday and dreamy new boy (well not new-new). Day after I set Maya on course for weekly house chores I popped off to Whistler with Squidy and en famille. What a shame when this wee vacance was organised Prat couldn't come with! Thus I had 11 glorious Prat-free days with good friends and referred above boy who now has new name - was the soybean omlette lover - now Soy Boy.

Am now somewhat loved up with Soy Boy. Not only is he a hot skier but he cooks, cleans and adores me. I know all this because I have kind of moved in. Much of course to his friends and family's distress. But I think so long as the sex is spectacular he won't be wanting to get rid of me just yet.

Decided on my return to London from Whistler that I was going to do the last runner from Prat. Thus less than 24 hours later I was back on BA and en route to New York. Am now tappy-tap typing from Soy Boy's computer in his upper east side apartment. I have the East river and Queensboro Bridge on my left, Guastavino's - our dining room, when Soy Boy isn't whipping up something incredible for me and my friends below, cable car above and sun streaming on my face.

Was concerned with how to address the egg vs soybean product issue, but I delicately talked it through with Soy Boy and he now lovingly poaches me organic real eggs. The other major concern is what will I moan about now that Prat is no longer?