Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Onwards ...

Went away for a girly weekend with good friend Gweebeart to the country to meet up with other great friend Squidgy. The ladies had a wonderful time, drinking too much wine (has become an almost daily event under the strain of Prat-stress) and eating things not revolving around rice. Fresh ears to whine about Prat. Surprise Surprise on London return I was missed. I think it has something to do with the fact that he has a birthday this week and wants the Post-Keepee (new personal pronoun) to organise something fabulous. This is what I do best according to him.

Hmm what else. Well as indicated have spent much of the past couple of weeks going out with various friends and getting absolutely trolleyed. Feels fantastic at the time but oh my god the hangovers are horrific. Have been unable to get out of bed until at least 5pm on two consecutive days - only trips to the bathroom to throw up and desperate icy-cold chocolate milkshake making in kitchen have interspersed much groaning and throbbing. Can now dubiously boast of closing almost all branches of Soho House. New York outpost was accomplished last year and in the past ten days I've completed the trifecta of Soho House, Soho London and The Electric, Notting Hill. Just need to add Babbington House to complete the task. Actually good idea for birthday Prat. Will suggest it over pad thai tomorrow night, a trip to the country this weekend could be very refreshing and hopefully green curry free.

On a more productive note have been soldiering on with book. Now have official editor (well I've titled them as such)who thus far has complemented me with "I laughed out loud". Prat did point out however that "editor" may have inappropriate vested interest in suggesting my comic ticklings. I've chosen to ignore Prat's opinion as sour grapes, as no one ever says he's funny. Although I have also been told I'm weird - but in a charming sense apparently. See I do have worth outside role of thai restaurant booker and shirt laundering coordinator. Have also organised work-esq trip to NY next week. Am going to explore a few things and pick up a few things I'll be needing in the next few weeks. Explanations to come at later date. Am pressed for time.

Am going to friend's for dinner tonight and will try v hard not to consume largest quantity of wine and thus not confirm his worries that I am now officially a lush. He's kindly offered to help me get my resume looking presentable as he believes (as do I) that I need to re-enter the working world.

So must go blow-dry hair and do other girly things. Am already thinking of the first glass of vin and yes OK the second as well. I promise to stop there.